Friday, December 17, 2010

The stockings were hung...

     For years we haven't put out our Christmas stockings, because there just wasn't a good place to do so.  Then the other day i'm driving down the street and what should appear-- a shelf with exactly the right number of pegs for everyone's stockings!  It was "country" to say the least.  Matt took it down to the basement and gave it a few coats of paint and hung it in the dining room .  Now our stockings are finally joining in on the Christmas fun again!

Before



After!


     I would like to "shabby" it up when I get time so it matches with the mirror better.  I don't think I will leave it up all year, just at the Holidays.  Right now I have some Christmas trinkets from my past on it. Stuff I wouldn't get a chance to put out otherwise, so I am enjoying looking at it and savoring all the memories that go with those items.  However, I think I can put together a nicer display in the future.  At any rate, something was saved from a landfill that fills a need I had , and cost next to nothing!  Booya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment