The Official Tomele Ancestral Kolacky Recipe
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy
2. Beat in flour. Knead dough lightly.
3. Divide dough into 2-3 balls, wrap and chill at least one hour.
4. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to a circle 1/16th of an inch thick
5. Using a biscuit cutter or small floured glass, cut into circles.
6. Spread about 1/2 Tbsp. filling down the center, then fold each side into the middle overlapping each other. secure with a toothpick.
7. Bake at 350 degrees until golden, about 20-25 minutes.
8. When cooled, dust with powdered sugar.
9. Put on some Frankie Yankovic, put your feet up and enjoy!