Saturday, March 16, 2013

When life hands you lemons, make lemon vinegar!

We use a couple dozen lemons every week. That is a lot of lemon peels hanging around. I have already zested and dried them, used them to freshen my disposal, composted them and scrubbed my stainless steel sink with them (which is AMAZING!). Now I am also using them to make lemon vinegar for cleaning.
      I cannot express my love for this vinegar to you. I keep a squirt bottle of it mixed 50/50 with water in the kitchen and bathroom. This is a sparkle maker. Use it to clean counters, floors, appliances (inside and out), freshen glassware with water spots, clean windows, deodorize the air. What can't this do? um, give you cancer from a bunch of chemicals and phony fragrance that isn't even listed for you like with most cleaning products.


How To:
Get ready, this is hard (not) 

... you put the lemon rinds in a jar, cover with plain old vinegar and strain it off in 2 weeks. Easy-peasy, right? 

You then mix it 50/50 with water in a squirt bottle and try to stop wiping everything down that you own...cutting boards, that seal around your refrigerator, light switches, your toilet, your faucets (they will gleam if you dry them with a soft cloth), laundry stains, mirrors...and on and on.



No comments:

Post a Comment