Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Just a simple summer's day


I am...
:: congratulating myself on weeding all my flower beds but one.
:: feeling sleepy after one of those days where I keep meaning to sit down and rest, but there is laundry, then bread to bake, then weeds to pull, etc... 
:: enjoying the cooler weather while out in the garden. So much more comfortable.
:: loving Farkle!
:: remembering to count my blessings. And appreciate the people I have around me.
:: thinking about making birthday cakes!!!
:: wondering what to make for dinner--tomorrow. why am I thinking about that today?
:: hoping for nice weather for the annual birthday bonanza.
:: anticipating lots of good company in the coming week!
:: listening to my Anglophile children say things like, "I say, what-oh!" and "old chap".
:: running to the store tomorrow for more watermelon. Must have watermelon!
:: watching Microcosmos. You must see it if you never have.
:: drying clothes out on the line and loving how the wind whipped those wrinkles out.
:: looking for the perfect vintage breadbox. Oh it is out there, just waiting for me.
:: wishing for more hours in the day.
refilling the squirt gun from the solar fountain

The bench that was just occupied by Wolfie reading a Dr. Diaper and Captain Underpants book.

veggies and flowers, and even more flowers waiting to be planted.

hydrangeas and rose campion. Nice combo.

Time to hang the laundry

ooooooh, I love that vintage green daisy tablecloth!


(Inspired this excellent blog http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2012/06/-right-now-.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment