Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Opposum or Meerkat?

     I am sleep deprivation exhibit A.    Between personal crises, the time change and some dastardly, ill-timed, inconsistent, lengthy naps taken individually by my sweet boys, I have been getting anywhere from 2-5 hours of sleep a night for far too long now.  The time change alone tends to hijack my kids for at least 3 weeks.  Strange.  At any rate, last night was particularily bad.  When I came downstairs this morning and looked out of the window, I was shocked by the sight of an animal I could not identify in the twilight.  It was small, but not a chipmunk.  It had a long dark tail, but it had too skinny of a head for anything else I could imagine.  I flashed back to one night when I opened the garage door, only to stare in the beady eyes of an opposum.  Was it an opposum?  No, it was so still and upright, like a meerkat.  Nooooo, why would a meerkat be in the yard.  "Quick kids, get my camera!"  but no sooner did the words leave my mouth than I realized to my horror, it was a T-Rex.  Yep, I need to get some sleep tonight.




Ssssshhhhh, there it is, in the flower bed!








The elusive meerkatoppossumasaurus

No comments:

Post a Comment