Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New sewing machine!

I have a new machine!  Matt treated me to the today version of my 20 year old machne, it is a beautiful kenmore.  I swear it is cheaper than my last one, wish I still had the receipt to see if I'm right, but how could that be?!  I almost have my napkins done
There will be about 17 when all said and done, perfect for the family par-tays.  Meanwhile, Matt is making some lovely shelves for the living room.
I hope to find some little legs for them  I will wait to paint them, probably, until I paint the dining room.  I think that room will be color-matched to the sky in Esphyr Slobodkina's book, Caps for Sale.
 Tonight, the boys went fishing in the bathtub with a net and a couple of packs of rubber fishing worms I got on clearance at Walmart.  We pretended the single tailed ones were tadpoles and the bifurcated tailed ones were polliwogs.  Fun!  I have had a thing for rubber worms my whole life.
    Well, the not-sleeping-marathon continue for vlad.  So, I shall try to catch some zzzzzz's now.

No comments:

Post a Comment