Tuesday, July 31, 2012

31st Annual Grilled Cheese Day!

     31 years ago, my very awesome Mother-in-love started "grilled cheese day" with her niece and nephew. It was a fun way to get a chance to get together with them and, um, eat grilled cheese. 31 years later, their children, her grandchildren, great grandchildren and d-i-l (me) all get together to visit and, um, still eat grilled cheese. It is so nice to catch up with people and especially with the young people that are heading to high school and college. I'm so thankful for g.c.d. and look forward to it every year. This year we had the privilege of hosting! Unfortunately, I didn't get many pics, because I was busying being at g.c.d., which is a good thing.
    Matt attended, FOR THE FIRST TIME! In honor of this auspicious occasion, he made a sign.

I picked some flowers from the garden.

Our cousins are fantastic pianists and they gave our old piano a real treat by playing it! Here is Vlad with a sweet cousin, Miss K.

I made a special dessert! Faux grilled cheese! I toasted pound cake in a skillet and frosted between 2 slices!

It was yummy!
I <3 grilled cheese day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another lovely grilled cheese bonding, everyone! GCD is always one of the highlights of my summer! Happy to see so many of the usual suspects as well as a newcomer or two! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete